Re: [SCA Newcomers] Need some advice

  • David Backlin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2010
      From: "peneth4" <frasercp@...>
      To: <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 6:40 AM
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Need some advice

      > Hi
      >
      > There is an ebay seller who has a number of gowns for sale that I like the
      > look of but am unsure how "authenticly medieval" they are.
      >
      > Would appreciate some feedback on how close they are to the real thing.
      > The links are:
      >
      > http://myworld.ebay.com.au/your_dressmaker_medieval/

      Sorry for the late response, but I noticed the items are made in Thailand.
      I've known a few people who have ordered similar items and have reported
      so-so quality for items made in China or Thailand.

      My own (perhaps slightly biased) suggestion would be to check some SCA
      dressmakers:
      -Barbs Garb
      -Briar Patch Garb
      -Neverland Designs