caer galen may fair reminder

  • FunG
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 12:28 PM
      if you are available, your presence will be appreciated:

      May Day Celebration
      http://caergalen.org/events/MayDay.html

      Greetings.
      You and your family are welcome to join us for a Caer Galen's annual May Day Celebration. We are hosting a may pole and unicorn quest. There will be activities for all ages.

      Our schedule for the event is:

      8-10 set up (assistance is appreciated)
      10 – gate opens
      11 – Unicorn quest begins
      12 – Pot luck luncheon – remember to bring a dish or beverage to share with all.
      1 – the Quest continues and May Pole
      2 – Battle for the Horn (with safe foam swords)
      3- Puppet Court
      4 – Close down and clean up (assistance is appreciated)

      We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends all dressed up to celebrate the warming of our days and coming of spring.

      Here is the event flier and information:
      http://caergalen.org/events/MayDay.html

      "And now, a word from our sponsors"

      If possible we could use some assistance with:

      Friday night Packing Party. Syr Byarki and Lady Cera need assistance with packing up all of the may day items. If you have time Friday night, could you contact them: syrbjarki@... and Cera - ajwilvert@...

      We could use more volunteers to host a variety of booths and stations for the day and unicorn question.

      We need people to lend a hand with stations like:

      - Sock puppet making
      - Finger weaving demo assistance
      - "Viking" tug away station
      - a drawing station focused on heraldry or calligraphy.
      - Performance or signing station.
      - Music – musicians are welcome to play through out the day and to lead a demo for families.
      - Wondering "monsters" are welcome
      - Welcome to the SCA station that can talk with new comers and show off pictures?
      - set up and take down

      Items we could use:

      - Pop-ups and sunshades. If you have a pop-up, could you bring it so we have enough shade and coverage for everyone at the event?
      - Socks – if you have single socks or extras that are clean enough for people to make it to puppets, they would be appreciated.
      - Food and beverages for the pot luck luncheon
      - Picture or picture books features the wonders of the sca?
      - Hobby horses for the races.

      Thank you all for reading this and see you may 1st.

      If you would like to offer assistance or have questions contact:
      Autocrate: fjord – 9fjord@...
      Luncheon –Shoshanna - susanrlin@...
      Stations – Cera - ajwilvert@...