Penannular pins in Australia

  • peneth4
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
      Hi

      Does anyone know where I can purchase in Australia three ( 3 ) Penannular cloak pins that are strong enough to hold a blanket cloak on the person AND don't cost a fortune.

      I have found some pretty ones that are not strong enough or good ones that are extremely expensive.

      As 2 of these are going to be used for just 1 day (thats right folks, 1 day only) I don't want to have to spend a fortune.

      Many thanks
      Merewenne verch Neste
      Kingdom of Lochac
    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
        Hello Merewenne,

        Welcome to SCA Newcomers.

        I have 3 suggestions for you:

        1) Do you have to purchase the penannulars?
        Or can you borrow the ones you will be using for one day - thereby allowing
        a bigger budget for the one you will be keeping?

        2) Have you looked at the links section of the SCA Newcomers website?

        3) Have you asked your local shire/group members if they have anything you
        could use/buy?

        Good luck in your search,

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands
        Middle Kingdom

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3 10:25 PM
          I knew I'd seen these somewhere! This is an Australian site that has penannular cloak pins for $15 apiece! (That's cheap, right?)
          http://www.oddsnsods.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_46&products_id=67
          Hope this helps!

          -Laurel