Re: [SCA Newcomers] New comer needs some help

  • Robert Bohler
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2010
      I'd suggest looking at c.1560 german. He could go with a nice doublet and pluderhosen.
      Try having a look at some of the period outfits in the Janet Arnold book "Patterns of Fashion: The cut and construction of clothes for men and women c.1560-1620"

      Ulrich of Greyfells
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2010
        Hello DeAnna,

        It sounds like you are having fun - good!
        The website associated with this Yahoo list has some excellent resources for
        garb making.
        A quick glance showed me patterns for everything from the basic period
        T-tunic - common to most cultures - to making a cowl - also common, and a
        very good way to look really period without much effort.

        If you're not sure how to get to this website, scroll down to the very
        bottom of these emails to the blue bar.
        There should be a line that says 'Visit Your Group'.
        Click on that, and on the side bar, there will be a bunch of links,
        including one called 'Links'.
        Follow the link called garb, and enjoy!

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands