Query about the group.

  • covahenasni
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 14, 2010
      Hi! How do you get a hold of an active moderator/owner here?

      Thanks,
      Covahenasni :-)
    • cailin.sca@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 15, 2010
        I believe the current mod is Justin. He's from tex as which means he might be at gulf wars right now. Additionally, there might be contact widgets on the group page at yahoo groups.

        Cailin
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Hi! How do you get a hold of an active moderator/owner here?

        Thanks,
        Covahenasni :-)

      • Geirr pík
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 15, 2010
          Just email to groupnamehere-moderator@yahoogroups.com and it will send that
          message to every owner and moderator for that group.

          Geirr

          On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:25 AM, <cailin.sca@...> wrote:

          > I believe the current mod is Justin. He's from tex as which means he might
          > be at gulf wars right now. Additionally, there might be contact widgets on
          > the group page at yahoo groups.
          >
          > Cailin
          > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        • Colleen Tarver
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 15, 2010
            Covahenasni,

            I believe our moderator is Justin but I could be wrong.

            There is major war going on this week so I am willing to bet the moderator
            is traveling. I believe our friendly neighborhood troll took advantage of
            that with the timing of his posts. It sucks but that's what trolls do. The
            best way to get rid of trolls is delete, delete, delete.

            Also, posts/threads do not get deleted unless they turn into flame wars or
            involve vulgarity or other extremely offensive behavior. While the current
            thread may be annoying it is far from offensive.

            That said, if you have another issue, I would suggest you go to the Yahoo
            group page and look for the moderator on there.

            YIS

            Caoilinn

            BTW, whenever someone tells they are "honorable" chances are they are lying.
            Honor is found in deeds not words.

          • Lava Quod est Sordidium
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 16, 2010
              > Honor is found in deeds not words.
              >
              > Caoilinn

              Hear! Hear!
              May we all internalize that.

              Lady Aelfwyn Elswith of the Confraternity of St.Eve
            • julian wilson
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 16, 2010
                --- On Tue, 16/3/10, Lava Quod est Sordidium <lavaquod@...> wrote:
                > Honor is found in deeds not words.
                > Caoilinn
                Hear! Hear!
                May we all internalize that.
                Lady Aelfwyn Elswith of the Confraternity of St.Eve

                COMMENT

                Reputation is what others know about us.
                Honour is what we know about ourselves.
                Matthewe Baker,
                West Dragonshire of Drachenwald

              • christopher chastain
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 16, 2010
                  A friend of mine has the absolute best qoute that says it all "Honor before Honors!"

                  Yours in Humble Service,
                  Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
                  Per saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet of eight points argent

                  Who dares, wins!

                  To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
                  From: smnco37@...
                  Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:45:02 +0000
                  Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re:Query about the group.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 16, 2010
                    Thank you all for your responses. They are appreciated.
                    Covahenasni :-)

                    --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "covahenasni" <covahenasni@...> wrote:

                    > Hi! How do you get a hold of an active moderator/owner here?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Covahenasni :-)

                  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 17, 2010
                      On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 18:37 +0000, covahenasni wrote:
                      > Hi! How do you get a hold of an active moderator/owner here?

                      Greetings!

                      I'm Justin, the list owner and main moderator. I'm sorry for the delayed
                      response; I've been out of town and mostly offline for a few days and
                      just got back.

                      You can always reach a Yahoo Groups list owner by emailing
                      listname-owner@yahoogroups.com (where "listname" is the name of the
                      list, in this case "scanewcomers". However, you'll also find my direct
                      email address in my tagline below.

                      Kind regards,

                      fesswise reversed sable.

                      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
                    • Justinos Tekton called Justin
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 17, 2010
                        On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 15:25 +0000, cailin.sca@... wrote:
                        > I believe the current mod is Justin. He's from tex as which means he
                        > might be at gulf wars right now. Additionally, there might be contact
                        > widgets on the group page at yahoo groups.

                        Correct on the name, but I'm from Ohio rather than Texas. :-)