Re: [SCA Newcomers] SCA or MKH Please help

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 14, 2010
      Thank you. I did take a look at their site. But, am still curious
      about the practice you went to. Where and when was it, how many
      people were fighting, did you learn anything, etc. ? I did not see
      any practices listed on their site, the only event listed on their
      calendar was "The Beginning" and there was no information as to where
      that was to be held. Where have the other practices been held?

      Jon

      On Mar 14, 2010, at 6:16 AM, desperado9255251 wrote:

      > You have to go to their website and request an invitation to join,
      > they will send you one and you just join and find out every thing
      > there. By the way I've heard that the SCA thinks they are trying to
      > steal members. This is not true, they are just looking for fighters
      > to compete and nothing more.
      >
      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Just curious. Where and when was the practice? It sounds
      > > interesting. How does one find out where and when the practices are
      > > held?
      > >
      > > Jon
      > >
      > > On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:47 PM, desperado9255251 wrote:
      > >
      > > > I've been wanting to join a sword fighting group here in the
      > United
      > > > States. Ever sense I moved back here from Germany where I got lot
      > > > of experience in heavy armor cambat fighting. I placed an ad in my
      > > > local news paper looking for a group to join here. Someone told me
      > > > about a tournament group called Medieval knights of honor
      > > > tournament promotions. I went to one of their practices and was
      > > > really amazed. I'm wanting to see what the SCA has to offer in
      > > > sword fighting? And just for your imformation I posted a poll on
      > > > yahoo groups to get help deciding which to choose. SCA or MKH

    • ann baltrush
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 21, 2010
        BRAVO Justin,
        I am with you ,ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!! Ann of Towers