Novice Help

  • Shana
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2010
      Hi,

      I'm a novice sewer making my first Gothic Fitted Dress (or anything fitted really) and was wondering how much fabric one usually requires.
      I'm around 5'2" and usually wear about a size 16. I'd like it to fall close to the floor and have long sleeves. I'm planning of making out of wool and lining it with cotton probably (or just making a new slimmer chemise). I was planning on following http://www.cottesimple.com/fem_silhouette/curved/curved_1.html for a pattern, although if anyone prefers something else,or has any other tips, I'd appreciate them very much!

      Shana