Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Rude SCA group

  • Jeff Suzuki
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
      There is no requirement that you play with your local group.  In fact, it probably happens a lot more than you might guess.  The reasons can be relatively innocuous ("No one in my area is interested in Lithuanian paganism..."), so as long as you're not bad-mouthing them in a public forum, most people don't mind.

      If you are concerned about "how it looks" to play with one group while residing in another, there's an easy fall back:  don't identify SCA geography.  Either use mundane geography ("Truth or Consequences, New Mexico") or persona appropriate period geography ("I'm from Vilnius...").  Personally, I'd prefer it if everyone did that: SCA geography always struck me as a bit wonky...

      Jeffs/etc.