Overview of the SCA

  • caring4thelittlethings
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2010
      Hello again,
      As I've been told the only stupid question is the one left unasked - I'll go ahead and ask this one.
      Could I get an overview and explanation of the SCA. I know the SCA website probably has the information, but it's so much easier to understand and has so many more details when you get info straight from the source. Thanks for any help!

      Elizabeth
    • Ron Osceola
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
        http://www.scademo.com/index.php Give this a look, I have found it to be
        very helpful.

        Baavgai Monh (Ron Osceola)

        --
        Ron Osceola

        http://ronsmagic.com
        804.385.0485

      • Bambi TBNL
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
          um...the SCA website IS the source...All roads lead to  Milpitas!!!
          Im not sure what you are asking...the financial overview, the political overview, the social overview, the geographical overview???
          how did it start?
          Im not sure what you are asking but if the answer to al my questions is, yes, you really want to get a copy of the
          Known World Handbook and you can get one by ordering it from the official SCA website, where you can actually get answers to a lot of the above questions and more.
           Bambi (To be named later) TBNL
          Lady MAria Beatriz la Mora aka Khalillah
          CoP

          I am made for great things by GOD
          and walk with Pride!!!!
          Walladah bint al Mustakfi c 1100ad
          see me dance
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMtOoXtMs0

          As I've been told the only stupid question is the one left unasked - I'll go ahead and ask this one.
          Could I get an overview and explanation of the SCA. I know the SCA website probably has the information, but it's so much easier to understand and has so many more details when you get info straight from the source. Thanks for any help!

          Elizabeth

        • Nicole E. Miller
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
            The SCA website has the best and most concise description of what we are and do. I have found that while not very recently updated, Wikipedia has a nice simplified page and has some nice (all be it old photos) as well. I have used it for friends and co-workers who are curious.

            Sian