Re: [SCA Newcomers] Heavy Fighting, training request

  • shandra_
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 14, 2010
      While Tabitha is correct that currently Calontir does not have fencing as an official activity, last Lilies we had a rapier presentation, we have recently had some Marshals authorized by our friends in Northshield, and rapier practice does occur in parts of the Kingdom. Last year we fielded 6 fighters in the ravine rapier battle at Gulf Wars (not bad for a kingdom that doesn't have fencing).

      Now Tabitha, I would invite you to come visit us in Calontir at our War of the Lilies. It's called the "vacation war" by many, as it's so relaxing to attend. I would hate for such a small thing as a difference of fighting style to keep you away from the wonderful experience that is Calontir and Calontiri.

      Shandra
      Calontiri