Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re:Red was for harlots? I don't think so!

  • Bambi TBNL
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 11, 2010
       Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL

      I am made for great things by GOD
      and walk with Pride!!!!
      Walladah bint al Mustakfi c 1100ad
      see me dance
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMtOoXtMs0

      ________________________________
      From: Labhaoise <labhaoise_obeachain@...>
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 1:41:59 PM
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re:Red was for harlots? I don't think so!

      And that is the point, sort of.....

      That at some period of time, be it months, years, or decades, in some location, whether a street, district, country, or class; people did/thought/ acted in given way.....

      Conversely, it cannot be said that Pantone Green 364 IS worn by women of easy virtue (whatever that meant then and there!)
      Labhaoise

      --- In scanewcomers@ yahoogroups. com, Bambi TBNL <hippy_dippy_ dancer@.. .> wrote:

      > well @ one point in the late 1500 I can prove that a certain shade of GREEN was thought to be for"strumpets" in englandin fact I believe shakepear refers to it in a play or 2, but that is the only thing I can think of....
      >  Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL
      >

      > I am made for great things by GOD
      > and walk with Pride!!!!
      > Walladah bint al Mustakfi c 1100ad