Common SCA misspellings

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2010
      Good thread on the spelling! For the benefit of our newcomers (that
      being, after all, the purpose of this list), here are some others:

      populace -- (n.) the people who live in a kingdom, shire, barony, etc.
      populous -- (adj.) densely populated (describes an area)

      martial -- (adj.) related to combat, fencing, archery, or thrown weapons
      Marshal(l) -- (n.) a person who supervises martial activities

      (The spelling of Marshal -- the SCA office -- seems to vary from region
      to region.)

      "Oyez! Oyez! The Marshal of the Barony of the Big Stick, one of the most
      populous groups in our fair kingdom, invites all members of the populace
      to a day of revelry and martial activities next Saturday."

      Kind regards,

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/