Greece and Byzantium info

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2010
      Theophania asked:
      <<< I'v been thinking about developing a similar persona, Greek
      italian but been having trouble finding much information about greek
      italian migration. Would you happen to have any books or websites i
      might be able to look into? >>>

      A big question when talking about Greece is what time period are you
      talking about? For most of our period it was part of the Byzantine
      Empire and you will find most of the information you are looking for
      in material on that culture. After Byzantium fell to the Turks then
      things changed. The site that was mentioned seemed to be on the 15th
      Century, so very late in our period and after Byzantium fell.

      I do have these files in the CULTURES section of the Florilegium:

      Greece-msg (6K) 1/17/01 Medieval Greece. References and
      resources.
      Byzant-Cerem-art (8K) 11/21/05 "Byzantine Ceremony" by Baron Hrolf
      Herjolfssen.
      Byzantine-msg (31K) 5/ 7/01 Byzantine culture, clothing,
      commerce.

      And this in the CLOTHING section:
      cl-Byzantine-msg (19K) 6/28/02 Clothing of Byzantine.

      And this in the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
      fd-Greece-msg (26K) 3/16/08 Food of medieval Greece. references.

      Stefan
      --------