Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re:Red was for harlots? I don't think so!

  • julian wilson
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 5, 2010
      Every Polity made it's own laws on the matter, - and the severity of those law depended on many factors, not the least of which was the strength of religious influence over the Civil Administration, agauinst the Taxes paid by the "official" Harlots and Bawdy Houses.

      The safest advise I can give is to do specific research into the time and area from which your Persona derives. Or to work from clothing colours shown in period manuscript illustrations or Portraits, when making your garb.

      YiS,
       Matthewe Baker

      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 11, 2010
         Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL