By way of introduction

  • bwitchr@snet.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
      I am not an actual SCA member but may consider looking into this further. At the moment I just love RenFaires and historical research. I hope to be a vendor/participant down the road. I sing, create artwork, and read cards, and have an interest in a gypsy persona. For the moment I will be lurking around various SCA groups to see how the "water" feels. I look forward to learning a great deal. Thanks.
    • D'vorah bat Adar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        On 2 Jan 2010, at 6:20 PM, bwitchr@... wrote:

        > I am not an actual SCA member but may consider looking into this further. At the moment I just love RenFaires and historical research. I hope to be a vendor/participant down the road. I sing, create artwork, and read cards, and have an interest in a gypsy persona. For the moment I will be lurking around various SCA groups to see how the "water" feels. I look forward to learning a great deal. Thanks.

        Welcome to the group! What shall we call you?

        D'vorah bat Adar
        Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
        dvorah@...
        http://www.consensualreality.net/sca AND http://www.consensualreality.net/shop
      • Kristen Praiswater
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
          Greetings and welcome to the group!  The SCA is a lot of fun, and a great group of people to be around.

          Kristen

          I am not an actual SCA member but may consider looking into this further. At the moment I just love RenFaires and historical research. I hope to be a vendor/participant down the road. I sing, create artwork, and read cards, and have an interest in a gypsy persona. For the moment I will be lurking around various SCA groups to see how the "water" feels. I look forward to learning a great deal. Thanks.

        • Sebhdann
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2010
            If you check out this Yahoo Group:

            The description of the group on the main page reads:

            Gypsy / Rrom Persona / Traveler e-list; events and information for
            Theatrical Gypsy Players (Med Dance, Music, Story Telling, Fire, Role
            Playing, etc.). Ren Faire SCA Friendly. Our "Virtual Vardo" is caravanning
            the Knowne Worlde.

            Please share your stories and adventures. Add your photos to the albums
            pages and help us build a better understanding of each other (and which face
            we choose to show the world) through file sharing and life experiences.

            This group is for respectful, intellectual (and playful) cultural exchange.
            It is not meant to be an offense to any people. Kushti bok!

            It doesn't seem to be a 'high-volume message' group though.

            Hope this helps.

            --
            Slán!

            Sebhdann ingen Cinaedha
            Shire of Wyewood, An Tir

            *mka Sue V.*

            Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum
            We'll win the war and pay the toll,
            We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul
            --'The March of Cambreadth'--Heather Alexander