William Tell

  • aphrah_mcnab
    Message 1 of 2565 , Aug 1, 2001
      William Tell tourney - Kingdome of AnTir - heald
      in Amboy, WA:<br><br>Well We got to the camp site
      aobut 10-10:30 pm and had to set up camp in the dark.
      That is always fun. After a night of hearing Tablaro
      yelled from the camp site near us most of the night we
      got to sleep only to be awakened enough to
      subconsciously note that it started raining about 2-3am. We then
      awoke early the next morning to a WET camp!. It is sooo
      much fun cooking breakfast in the rain! LOL My husband
      and I kind of went our seperate ways as I had
      discovered the Herolds(?) of AnTir setting up their booth.
      Most of late morning and early day was then taken up
      with research into my name and device(which is not
      quite ready to submit yet). My 10 year old son had a
      wonderful time playing in the playground and participating
      in the children's archery practice. After getting my
      name set and able to start introducing myself be a
      proper name, I really started having fun. My husband(who
      has had many names in the SCA, being far from a
      newbie)started researching which name he was going by when he
      recieved his Award of Arms. He then suited up in his armor
      that he had made and proceeded to enter the heavy
      fighting for the first time is 9 yeays! It was exciting to
      watch. All in all, I and my family had a wonderful time
      and we are looking forward to the next
      one!<br><br>Aphrah
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003