RE: [SCA Newcomers] Where to buy Tablet Weave for tunic trim??

  • Kyla
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
      Calontir trim has lots and lots of beautiful trim, it is true, but none of
      it is tablet woven.
      Or at least not any time I've ever seen them at an event - including the
      last two Pennsics, and last Saturday at Boar's Head in Northshield.
      It is all machine made, and mostly polyester or nylon.

      Tabitha Pennywarden
      Ravenslake, Midlands
      Middle Kingdom

      From: "Chad" <dcwilson29@...>
      Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 01:33:27
      To: <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>

      Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

      Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im just
      getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for events etc..

      Thanks in Advance

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
        We have a relatievly local merchant (in Atlantia, maybe) called White Wolf and Phoenix that do both a number of standard patterns and take commissions. Very nice work. I don't know if they have a web presence or not.

        Lancaster, PA

        Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

        Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im just getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for events etc..

        Thanks in Advance

      • Chad
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
          Thanks All!! White Wolf and Phoenix looks like a great starting place.
        • David Backlin
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
            > For trim, calontir trim is also an excellent resource.

            Also trimguy.net (who also has buttons)
          • Sue
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
              don't forget Pillaged Village