Re: [SCA Newcomers] Where to buy Tablet Weave for tunic trim??

  • cailin.sca@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
      For trim, calontir trim is also an excellent resource.
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
        Calontir trim has lots and lots of beautiful trim, it is true, but none of
        it is tablet woven.
        Or at least not any time I've ever seen them at an event - including the
        last two Pennsics, and last Saturday at Boar's Head in Northshield.
        It is all machine made, and mostly polyester or nylon.

        Tabitha Pennywarden
        Ravenslake, Midlands
        Middle Kingdom

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
          We have a relatievly local merchant (in Atlantia, maybe) called White Wolf and Phoenix that do both a number of standard patterns and take commissions. Very nice work. I don't know if they have a web presence or not.

          Lancaster, PA

          Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

          Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im just getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for events etc..

          Thanks in Advance

        • Chad
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
            Thanks All!! White Wolf and Phoenix looks like a great starting place.
          • David Backlin
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
              > For trim, calontir trim is also an excellent resource.

              Also trimguy.net (who also has buttons)
            • Sue
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
                don't forget Pillaged Village