Where to buy Tablet Weave for tunic trim??

  • Chad
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 10, 2009
      Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

      Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im just getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for events etc..

      Thanks in Advance
    • Grainne ingen Lugdach
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
        Greetings!

        http://whitewolfandphoenix.com/

        This is the website for White Wolf and the Phoenix, run by Master Herveus and MIstress Megan of Atlantia. Mistress Megan makes tablet- and inkle-woven trims in various fibers. They also sell weaving supplies when you're ready to try your hand at your own. I've purchased trim, belt favors and various supplies from them over the past few years. Quality work and very nice folks!

        Slan,
        Grainne ingen Lugdach
        Shire of Roxbury Mill
        Atlantia

        Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

        Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im just getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for events etc..

        Thanks in Advance
      • julian wilson
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
          If it trim you want, which is very difficult to distinguish from tablet-weaving-by-hand, have a look at the huge selection of trims carried by House of Anoria. Many of their designs are based - so I was told - upon SCA-period originals.
          When I was starting in the SCA with my Lady in 2005, I found Anoria very useful.

          YiS,
           Matthewe Baker
          Drachenwald.

          Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

          Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im just getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for events etc..

          Thanks in Advance

        • Stefan li Rous
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
            Chad asked:
            <<< Does anyone know a good place to buy /commision Tablet weave?

            Will attempt to learn how to make my own (when time permits) but im
            just getting started in the SCA and need to get some garb ready for
            events etc.. >>>

            If you are wanting the handmade stuff, check with folks in your local
            group or when you are at your next event or possibly ask on your
            kingdom mailing list. There is a lot of barter that goes on in the SCA
            and this would be an item that can often be handled that way. I'm not
            sure of anyone that regularly sells the handmade stuff.

            For the machine-made stuff, you can often find useable stuff in your
            local fabric stores.

            For more info on trim, and I think some sources for the machine made
            stuff, see this file in the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium:
            trim-msg (54K) 8/30/04 Medieval and SCA trim for clothing.
            http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/trim-msg.html

            Unfortunately the Florilegium server went down this morning. I've left
            a message with my site administrator, but I don't have any information
            yet on when it will be back up. In the meantime, I'm happy to email
            copies of any of the Florilegium files to you by email.

            Stefan
            --------
          • cailin.sca@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
              For trim, calontir trim is also an excellent resource.
              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
                Calontir trim has lots and lots of beautiful trim, it is true, but none of
                it is tablet woven.
                Or at least not any time I've ever seen them at an event - including the
                last two Pennsics, and last Saturday at Boar's Head in Northshield.
                It is all machine made, and mostly polyester or nylon.

                Tabitha Pennywarden
                Ravenslake, Midlands
                Middle Kingdom

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
                  We have a relatievly local merchant (in Atlantia, maybe) called White Wolf and Phoenix that do both a number of standard patterns and take commissions. Very nice work. I don't know if they have a web presence or not.

                  Lancaster, PA

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
                    Thanks All!! White Wolf and Phoenix looks like a great starting place.
                  • David Backlin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
                      > For trim, calontir trim is also an excellent resource.

                      Also trimguy.net (who also has buttons)
                    • Sue
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 13, 2009
                        don't forget Pillaged Village