Re: [SCA Newcomers] New again to the SCA

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2009
      <<-----Original Message-----
      From: Maryelizabeth Hancock <peterbenma@...>
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, Dec 2, 2009 8:08 pm
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] New again to the SCA

      I was thinking of linen or cotton bloomer-type shorts - not as baggy as the ones from later time periods, but that is the best "term" I could think of. I think the biker shorts would be a bit too tight, making you sweat worse in certain areas. I was thinking that the bloomer/shorts idea would be a great use of extra pieces of fabric that are left over from other projects. Am I right or would the bloomer/loose shorts still cause chafing?

      Maryelizabeth Hancock

      No, the loose linen or cotton (I even have a few old polycotton pairs) bloomer/shorts thing works fine; that's what I use. Just make sure the legs are long enough to cover the areas of your thighs that rub. Some of mine tend to ride up a bit, causing me to do a periodic shimmy to make them drop down again. The only reason I even suggested the bike shorts is because I know people who use them and say they work.

      Brangwayna Morgan
      Shire of Silver Rylle, East KIngdom
      Lancaster PA