Re: Hammered Dulcimer

  • cjburke_99
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2009
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "peneth4" <peneth4@...> wrote:

      > Greetings
      >
      > I live in Queensland, Australia ~ that bits important ~ and I'm trying to get hold of a hammered dulcimer.
      >
      > As a newby I'm obviously not after anything flash, fancy or expensive. I'm quite prepared to pay for shipping if necessary but would rather keep the cost down (who doesn't).
      >
      > Any recommendations, especially for Australia for getting one.

      Do you have any talent for woodworking?

      I've found a couple of different plans for dulcimers on-line, and over the winter I am going to try making one. I've made toys and some small funiture pieces in the past, and the dulcimer plans do not look all that difficult if you have a bit of skill and patience.

      When I'm home tonight, I'll try locating some of those plans and post links to them.

      Dragos
      "Let there be music! Let there be dancing!"