Patterned Material

  • peneth4
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2009
      Hi all

      I've been following the chat about cotton and linen. What I would like to know is where can I find information about the patterned material that was worn around the late 1200's to early 1300's.

      I would really like to make something with a pattern rather than the plain linen kirtle I managed to put together for our 12 Tourney.

      Many thanks
      Lady Merwyn aka Penny
    • Coblaith Muimnech
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2009
        Lady Merwyn wrote:
        > What I would like to know is where can I find information about the
        > patterned material that was worn around the late 1200's to early
        > 1300's.

        I'd contact the Complex Weavers' Guild's Medieval Textiles Study
        Group <http://www.medievaltextiles.org/>. I'm betting they could at
        least point you to some good resources.

        Coblaith Muimnech
        Barony of Bryn Gwlad