Re: [SCA Newcomers] back problems/disabilities

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
      On 4 Nov 2009, at 1:46 PM, Mouse wrote:

      > I know what you mean. I am not sure about in Oregon but I know that
      > in Ohio they are considered concieled weapons. I do a few other
      > things that I was going to get it for though. I just forgot to put
      > that in there. But I am looking for some stuff that would work
      > unless I have my pain meds then I won't have to worry about it. :-)
      >
      > Shellie

      In Oregon, a regular sword in a regular sheath is considered a
      concealed weapon when worn openly. Since the purpose of a sheath is to
      protect a blade, and neither the purpose nor the effect is to conceal
      the fact that one is carrying a weapon, how much more "concealed" is a
      sword hidden in a cane which was expressly created to conceal the fact
      that one is carrying a weapon!

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
    • Mouse
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2009
        wow that is a tongue twister. that is kind of messed up that a sword can be considered a consealed weapon while in a sheath but out in the open.