Re: [SCA Newcomers] back problems/disabilities

  • Mouse
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
      I know what you mean. I am not sure about in Oregon but I know that in Ohio they are considered concieled weapons. I do a few other things that I was going to get it for though. I just forgot to put that in there. But I am looking for some stuff that would work unless I have my pain meds then I won't have to worry about it. :-)

      Shellie

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
        On 4 Nov 2009, at 1:46 PM, Mouse wrote:

        > I know what you mean. I am not sure about in Oregon but I know that
        > in Ohio they are considered concieled weapons. I do a few other
        > things that I was going to get it for though. I just forgot to put
        > that in there. But I am looking for some stuff that would work
        > unless I have my pain meds then I won't have to worry about it. :-)
        >
        > Shellie

        In Oregon, a regular sword in a regular sheath is considered a
        concealed weapon when worn openly. Since the purpose of a sheath is to
        protect a blade, and neither the purpose nor the effect is to conceal
        the fact that one is carrying a weapon, how much more "concealed" is a
        sword hidden in a cane which was expressly created to conceal the fact
        that one is carrying a weapon!

        Judith / no SCA name yet
        Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
      • Mouse
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2009
          wow that is a tongue twister. that is kind of messed up that a sword can be considered a consealed weapon while in a sheath but out in the open.