RE: [SCA Newcomers] Hello

  • christopher chastain
    Message 1 of 85 , Oct 6, 2009
      There's a clue bus?.......I never got the memo!

      Yours in Humble Service,
      Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
      �MISERICORDE, n. A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.�

      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      From: fionnseachdelochielle@...
      Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:07:27 -0400
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello

      Justinos Tekton called Justin wrote:
      > On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 23:53 +0000, nightflyer0ne wrote:
      >> Thanks, I'd wondered about the office-holding. Not that I think I'm
      >> ready to hold an office, but you never know what the future may bring.
      > Don't sell yourself short. Modern-world experience counts, too.

      Boy does it ever. But the reverse is also true. Skills learned in an SCA office
      can often be used as "resume fodder" in the mundane world.

      > There are people who ride the Clue Bus, [...]

      There are some days when I feel I've been run over by the Clue Train. ;) :p

      Dernehealde, Midrealm
      "I'm buying this fleece/fiber now in case I have an emergency... you know,
      sickness, flood, injury, mosquito infestations, not enough chocolate in the
      house, it's Tuesday, I need it for my research project..." ;)

    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 85 of 85 , Nov 16 8:56 PM
        <<< I'm very new to the SCA . I just join friday and I would very much like info on what I should do next . Thank you. >>>

        Well, what interested you in the SCA? You like doing crafts things? You like the romance of the Middle Ages? You like to try to bash people with wooden clubs? You like to sew? With some idea of your interests we can probably point you to some info.

        Need a place to look through some information online? If so, you might wish to start with the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium website at: http://www.florilegium.org There are a couple of dozen other subject areas and currently about 2300 different files there, so hopefully you will find some files of interest.

        Be careful though. Several people have told me about going there for a "quick look" at something and suddenly realizing they had been looking at stuff for an hour. :-)

        PS: And if you enjoy what's there, please click on an ad or two, so I can keep it going.