Newcomer's Seminar - Troy Ohio - Oct 31 - 2009

  • ashgrove1293
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009
      Good day all and well met

      The Shire of Norborough is hosting a Newcomer's Seminar on Oct 31 - 2009 in Troy Ohio at the Troy Hayner Center - 301 West Main Street, Troy Oh, 45373 (www.troyhayner.org)

      The Site is a Tudor style home filled with all sorts of lovely things.

      WITH A REAL BALLROOM FOR DANCING (wood floor and everything --- grin)

      We will open the building at 9am with classes starting at 10am. With a break at 5 so we can all find supper and then back to the center for an evening of fellowship, gaming and dancing. (and desserts - bring something to share - modern or period, purchased or homemade, we don't care) Site closes at 10pm

      NO site fees
      NO non member surcharges

      Unfortunately due to space constraints we can not host
      Feast
      Merchants
      Children's Activties

      As you can see below we have a nice run of classes going but there are still empty spots......

      In particular

      Is there anybody willing to play live music for part of the evening --- There is a stage on one end of the ballroom - so you won't get run over by the dancers.....

      other classes that we would love to see represented are

      Costuming -
      How to make your first garb
      How to turn a modern pattern into something "passable"

      Introductions to ----
      Equestrian
      Hounds
      Combat
      Tin Hats
      Thrown Weapons
      Naming and developing a persona
      Period gaming - (Norborough has quite a selection of game boards and tokens)
      SCA terms and words (Good Grief! What do they mean by THAT?)
      Offices in the SCA
      Children in the SCA

      So you want to be an ---
      Autocrat
      Feastocrat
      Troll
      Officer

      Anybody willing to help us out? ? ?

      please contact
      Mariassa Ashgrove
      ashgrove@...

      419 - 629 - 3209 (between 5 and 10 pm please -- unless you like talking to a machine?)

      Thank you for your time and I hope to see many of you there

      Lady Mariassa Ashgrove APF

      EAST ROOM

      10 -11 -- SCA 101 with Baron Kyppyn Kirkcaldy
      11 - 12 -- games? ? this is subject to change if we get a class that needs a larger room......
      1- 2 -- Lace with Baroness Cathern of Chester
      2 - 3 -- Every Scadians shopping list with Lady Mirian Coybrabe
      3- 4 -- A&S in the Midrealm with THL Fidnata 'O Gleann Alainn
      4 - 5 -- Gluckshuas with Lord AEdric of Lambert

      6 - Close -- Game Room and Chess Tourny

      STUDY

      10 - 11 -- Something went wrong with my sewing. What do I do now? with Lady Shamirah Rae Linacre
      11 - 12 --
      1 - 2 -- Cloth Shoes for Everyone with Master Mordak Timofelvich Rostovskogo
      2 - 3 -- History of Commedia dell'Arte with Lady Abigail the Innocent
      3- 4 --
      4- 5 --

      PARLOR

      10 - 11 -- Beginning knitting limit 4 with Lady Gwindelin O'Dell
      11 - 12 --
      1 - 3 -- Beginning Tablet Weaving Limit 8 (2 hours) with THL Fidnata 'O Gleann Alainn
      3 - 4 --
      4 - 5 -- Beginning Leatherwork with Lord Eoin Drake

      CONFERENCE ROOM
      10 - 11 --
      11 - 12 --
      1 - 2 -- Spinning with Lady Allerga Ginevra Soave da Nopoli
      2- 3 -- Combat for the non-Combatant with Baron Kyppyn Kirkcaldy
      3 - 4 --
      4 - 5 --

      MIDDLE ROOM

      10 - 11--
      11 - 12 --
      1 - 1:30 -- Combat Archery with Master Erik Erikson the Scout
      1:30 - 2 -- Rapier with Master Erik Erikson the Scout

      2 - 2:30 -- Oil lamps with Lady Tilla Chandler
      2:20 - 3 --Archery with Master Erik Erikson the Scout

      3 - 4 --
      4 - 5 --

      ART ROOM

      10 - 11 --
      11 - 12 --
      1 - 2 --- Intro to Commedia with Lord Edward Foxley
      2 - 3 --
      3 - 4 --- Heraldry with Master Dafydd Blaidd
      4 - 5 --

      BALLROOM

      10 - 11 --
      11 - 12 -- What is going on up there anyway? - Introduction to an SCA Court - Baron and Baroness Flaming Gryphon
      1 - 5 - Dance

      6- 10 - Dance and Dessert Revel