Re: ill introduce myself

  • FunG
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26 8:28 PM
      this is a wonderful break down of the names. i appreciate it.

      yes, "Ó Mathghamhna" is the more accepted irish name. i admit at this time i am not able to pronounce it, so i went with an easier version to pronounce. also, my persona is a wonderer - a poet errant. due to his wanderings, i have chosen a more Anglicized spelling/version of the name. it worked better for when crossing england into the contaminant. also, mahony is one of my family linages. my persona knows that Ó Mathghamhna is the correct spelling of the name, but he accommodates the audience. and lachlainn is kind of an inside joke for me. as i understand it, it was a word used to describe the Norsemen, "viking", invaders as in "those people from the land of the lakes". the area my persona is from was raided a lot. the entire cost got raided. so he is born in ireland, but fathered by a Norseman. he has a loving family so they kept him anyway, lol.

      and at some point, i would like to learn how to pronounce Ó Mathghamhna correctly.

      thanks
      fjord mahony
      barony of caer galen
      kingdom of the outlands