Newcomers in the Northern Outlands...PRAY ATTEND!!!

  • katelin_of_hawks_hollow
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Greetings!!

      Just wanted to announce the Canton of Hawks Hollow (northern Denver Metro Area) will be holding our quarterly Newcomers Revel on September 18 at 7PM. The event announcement is below.

      If you live anywhere close, or happen to be passing through that evening, PLEASE plan to join us!

      In Service to Hawks Hollow, Caerthe, and The Dream-

      ~Katelin de Irlande
      Hospitaller
      Canton of Hawks Hollow

      "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry"
      Hawks Hollow's Fall Newcomer's Revel and Populace get-together

      When: September 18, 2009
      Where: The lovely home of THL Damia al-Andalusiyya & Lord Three Feathers
      1901 E. 47th Ave.
      Denver, CO 80216
      7:00 PM until ???

      Event Steward: Katelin de Irlande (mka) Kathie Cameron
      hawks_hollow_hospitaller@...

      Are you new and need some help getting started in the SCA? Have you been away for awhile and want to get back `in the game'? Perhaps you are struggling with passing your name or device? Have you ever wanted to know just how the whole heraldry thing got started? Or maybe you just want to have a good time with old friends...

      It is with great pleasure that I announce the return of "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry". This event also serves as the Canton of Hawks Hollow's quarterly Populace Gathering and Newcomers Revel. EVERYONE is welcome, not just the denizens of Hawks Hollow.

      THL Conrad von Zollern will give a short presentation on basic mundane and SCA Heraldry, and then moderate a question and answer session – ALL questions are welcome, not just heraldic ones. Herr Conrad has held heraldic offices for the Canton, the Barony, and the Kingdom, so come pick his brain about all things heraldic!

      At the request of or gracious and beautiful hostess, this WILL be a potluck. Please bring something to share if possible and join us for a wonderful night of camaraderie and fun! If you can't bring anything, don't worry...this is an SCA pot luck, there will be MORE than enough!

      There is no site fee. Since this is a private home, the site is wet... so bring your favorite libation!

      Garb is preferred, but NOT mandatory. We understand that some folks do not have time to change after work, so come as you like...just COME!

      Please mark your calendars and plan to join us for what is sure to be a most enjoyable evening!

      Directions:

      From North or South - Take your best route to I-25 and head toward Denver. Take exit 214A / I-70 East toward Limon. Go approximately 1.65 miles to Brighton Blvd. (CO 265) / Exit 275B. Turn left on Brighton Blvd. and go north about 0.2 of a mile to 47th Ave. Turn right (east) on 47th Ave. Go 2 blocks. House is on the Northeast Corner of 47th Ave. and High Street.

      From East or West – Take your best route to I-70 and head toward Denver. Take Exit 275B / Brighton Blvd. (CO 265). Turn north on Brighton Blvd. and go north about 0.2 of a mile to 47th Ave. Turn right (east) on 47th Ave. Go 2 blocks. House is on the Northeast Corner of 47th Ave. and High Street.