gathering up armor

  • scawod
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
      hey,
      i am in the outlands. i am getting into heavy fighting and i am assembling my armor and weapons. i am wondering if you or anyone you know has old or unused equipment that would like to find a new home. i am specifically looking for gauntlets and a shield. i can also use old or retired sticks to practice with.

      let me know if you have any suggestions.
    • Coblaith Muimnech
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
        scawod wrote:

        > i am in the outlands.. . .i am wondering if you or anyone you know
        > has old or unused equipment that would like to find a new home.

        > let me know if you have any suggestions.

        Since you specifically need to contact somebody reasonably close to
        you, geographically, this is a inquiry better directed to a local
        list. There are a number of kingdom-wide lists for the Outlands that
        you might join <http://www.outlands.org/Default.aspx?tabid=121>, and
        your own branch <http://www.outlands.org/Default.aspx?tabid=413> may
        have one or more of its own.

        By the way, around here, at least, most branches have loaner gear for
        new fighters, so they don't have to try to put together a complete
        kit to start training. (Experienced fighters often encourage trying
        out several sorts of armor and weapons before buying, in fact, as
        different people are more comfortable and/or facile with different
        tools.)

        Coblaith Muimnech
        Barony of Bryn Gwlad
        Kingdom of Ansteorra
        <mailto:Coblaith@...>
        <http://coblaith.net>
      • scawod
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          i appreciate the quick response. i was simply putting out a feeler or wishlist to see what might come my way. i agree it is better to keep things local, but i never know where a little bird might take my message to.

          good day,
          fjord the ferret