Re: [SCA Newcomers] Introducing people to the SCA

  • Maria Buchanan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
      You could also bring a copy of the membership application.
      Also, I know it's not the Midrealm's web site, but if you give them the following links they will get lot's of great information for newcomers (You might want to check them out also)
      http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/articles/fip.htm
      http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/GuidingHand/guidhan1.htm
      http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/articles/scopesoc.htm
      http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/articles/advcnew.htm

      Maria

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
        simple...Print off one of these to give to her.

        http://www.sca.org/officers/chatelain/pdf/NewcomersGuidePages-hi.pdf

        On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Sara L Uckelman wrote:

        > Quoth Judith Epstein:
        > > I've got an appointment today at 4pm (it's nearly 11 now, Central
        > time), and the person with whom I have the appointment has heard
        > vaguely of the SCA and is interested. I told her I'd bring her some
        > information, but now I'm stumped as to what I should bring, exactly.
        > All I can think of is a list of URLs for the SCA, Midrealm, SCA
        > Today, and a few pictures from Pennsics past.
        >
        > Do you have any back issues of Tournaments Illuminated, or a
        > recent kingdom newsletter? Does your local group have an
        > informational flyer?

        No, I didn't even sign up for membership till after Simple Day, so I
        probably won't get issues of anything till next month at least. I've
        never even met my local group, and the last time the Tree-Girt-Sea
        webpage was updated was a couple of years ago. I don't know which
        shire Meredith lives in, even, though I know she works in downtown
        Chicago.

        Worst, I've only been to one event, and didn't even take any pictures
        there at all.