Introducing people to the SCA

  • Judith Epstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
      I've got an appointment today at 4pm (it's nearly 11 now, Central
      time), and the person with whom I have the appointment has heard
      vaguely of the SCA and is interested. I told her I'd bring her some
      information, but now I'm stumped as to what I should bring, exactly.
      All I can think of is a list of URLs for the SCA, Midrealm, SCA Today,
      and a few pictures from Pennsics past.

      Judith / no SCA name yet
    • Sara L Uckelman
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
        Quoth Judith Epstein:
        > I've got an appointment today at 4pm (it's nearly 11 now, Central
        > time), and the person with whom I have the appointment has heard
        > vaguely of the SCA and is interested. I told her I'd bring her some
        > information, but now I'm stumped as to what I should bring, exactly.
        > All I can think of is a list of URLs for the SCA, Midrealm, SCA Today,
        > and a few pictures from Pennsics past.

        Do you have any back issues of Tournaments Illuminated, or a
        recent kingdom newsletter? Does your local group have an
        informational flyer?

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
          On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Sara L Uckelman wrote:

          > Quoth Judith Epstein:
          > > I've got an appointment today at 4pm (it's nearly 11 now, Central
          > time), and the person with whom I have the appointment has heard
          > vaguely of the SCA and is interested. I told her I'd bring her some
          > information, but now I'm stumped as to what I should bring, exactly.
          > All I can think of is a list of URLs for the SCA, Midrealm, SCA
          > Today, and a few pictures from Pennsics past.
          >
          > Do you have any back issues of Tournaments Illuminated, or a
          > recent kingdom newsletter? Does your local group have an
          > informational flyer?

          No, I didn't even sign up for membership till after Simple Day, so I
          probably won't get issues of anything till next month at least. I've
          never even met my local group, and the last time the Tree-Girt-Sea
          webpage was updated was a couple of years ago. I don't know which
          shire Meredith lives in, even, though I know she works in downtown
          Chicago.

          Worst, I've only been to one event, and didn't even take any pictures
          there at all.
        • Maria Buchanan
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
            You could also bring a copy of the membership application.
            Also, I know it's not the Midrealm's web site, but if you give them the following links they will get lot's of great information for newcomers (You might want to check them out also)
            http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/articles/fip.htm
            http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/GuidingHand/guidhan1.htm
            http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/articles/scopesoc.htm
            http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/articles/advcnew.htm

            Maria

            > I've got an appointment today at 4pm (it's nearly 11 now, Central
            > time), and the person with whom I have the appointment has heard
            > vaguely of the SCA and is interested. I told her I'd bring her some
            > information, but now I'm stumped as to what I should bring, exactly.
            > All I can think of is a list of URLs for the SCA, Midrealm, SCA Today,
            > and a few pictures from Pennsics past.

            Do you have any back issues of Tournaments Illuminated, or a
            recent kingdom newsletter? Does your local group have an
            informational flyer?

            -Aryanhwy

            --
            vita sine literis mors est
            http://www.ellipsis .cx/~liana/

          • Traci Earhart
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2009
              simple...Print off one of these to give to her.

              http://www.sca.org/officers/chatelain/pdf/NewcomersGuidePages-hi.pdf