RE: [SCA Newcomers] garb for a german falconer 15th century?

  • christopher chastain
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2009
      My first question would be would their garb be any different from anyone elses around them? If not then go with what is normal garb. From my studies I have yet to really see any difference of garb for a job per say except maybe uniform for soldiers and what ever is needed for the job (apron for a blacksmith or cook, etc etc etc). I'll take a look for you and see if I can find anything.

      Yours in Humble Service,
      Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
      "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing!"

      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      From: sdbuzzed@...
      Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 08:53:33 +0000
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] garb for a german falconer 15th century?

      greetings fellow gentles,
      heres my problem... Ive got the name registered.. ive worked hard on researching my persona the best i can and still at it. the son of a 15th century falconer (so his understudy)in germany. He works in the forest with his father and on hunting trips with the baron and his guests. hes an archer when war calls, which was alot in 15th century germany heh.. but to the point... ive looked thru hundereds of photos i could find and found few that depicted rangerly garb.. would this persona's garb be not in period? are there any links where i could find what it would actually look like? would it be made of linens or wools since he a forester? am i beating my head against a wall? well yes, but i dont give up that easy.. I hail from the barony of califia btw and have not made it to the costumers guild yet due to work.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
      to the dream...
      Jeremias