Crystal-Joy: Spanish/Portugese stuff

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      Crystal-Joy said:

      <<< Since my post I have actually completely changed my mind with
      regards to my persona's heritage. =P I have actually decided to go
      with my own personal heritage which is Portuguese. Thank you for all
      for all of the great information about the Indian clothing, though! As
      far as wearing trousers, I figured that I would sew my own bodices in
      the style of Medieval Portuguese/Spanish gowns and wear them with
      pants and tall boots. I'm sure its not historically accurate, and I do
      plan on wearing dresses as well actually seeing as they are so
      gorgeous! >>>

      Tall boots are relatively late, I believe. This file in the CLOTHING
      section of the Florilegium might help:

      boots-msg (47K) 9/13/00 Period boots and SCA imitations.

      Until near the end of the 15th century Spain and Portugal were a bunch
      of different nations. I can't remember when Portugal was part of other
      regions/countries and when not. Anyway, I would look at sources for
      Spanish clothing and culture as well as Portuguese.

      So this file, in the same section might also be of use:
      cl-Spain-msg (14K) 2/28/08 Clothing of Medieval Spain.

      I've been going through some back digests from the SCA ARTS list and
      have recently collected several messages on period Spanish clothing. I
      hope to add them to this file in the next few months. Or email me, and
      I'd be happy to send you copies of the rough messages or get them
      added to this file and online.

      For background info on the rest of your persona, perhaps these other
      files might be of interest:
      Spain-msg (38K) 11/23/07 Medieval Spain. Info. sources.

      fd-Portugal-msg (10K) 9/19/05 Food of medieval Portugal.