I am currently working on a persona and i need a little help?

  • glitterfiend_cupcake
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009
      Hello everyone! I am new to the SCA! I havent registered yet but thats because i am trying to work up my persona.

      I have decided i would like to be a Romani person living in Andalusia, Spain. My backstory is that my family traveled to spain by way of north africa, picking up all number of interesting talents. I also thought this would be a good way for me to be able to incorporate my love of Romany culture in 14thc spain, dancing (i am very interested in zamba mora), juggling, herbalism, and most of all TRAVEL!

      I have read a few sites about romany garb and about the muslim garb during the time that adnalusia was filled with moors from morrocco and tunisia.

      My questions are:

      Is this a viable backstory? I think so.... but i would like your opinions.

      Also if I have found both a first and last name on 2 seperate census from a variation of only a few years apart in a similar location, would it pass for registration?

      Also a question to my fellow romanis, did you register using a given name for the country you are supposed to be living in? or your romany name?

      If anyone can give me some links to more garb ideas for a romany living in 14thc spain that also includes some of the moor garb? (i figure a romany would choose to dress like the morrocans more than the spanish for blending in as they were of darker complexion)

      also links on how to dance and behave in the way of a 14thc gitana (i know the name isnt politically correct but it is shorter than typing romany living in spain)

      all would be very greatly appreciated!

      Namaste!