confrontations

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 3:50 PM
      Lately on this list I've seen some comments that boil down to
      confrontations between individuals.

      Here is an article in the SCA-SOCIOLOGY section of the Florilegium
      which might be a help.

      Confrontation-art (9K) 12/20/99 "Gunnora's Rules for Confrontation"
      by Mistress Gunnora Harakarva.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/Confrontation-art.html

      Mistress Gunnora is also known as the "Viking Answer Lady" and those
      interested in the Norse or Vikings ought to look up here website. Some
      of her articles are in the NORSE section of the Florilegium as well.
      She also has translated most of the Latin mottoes in the two mottoes
      files in the Florilegium. Her motto translations are good because,
      among other things, she explains why translating word for word often
      doesn't work, especially important when basing your motto on a modern
      colloquialism.

      Stefan
      --------