Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Names. What do you think?

  • Ziddinaaitzumar@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 21, 2009
      Ho, ho, you should have heard the head-scratching and puzzled comments when I chose a Berber persona and name - and they were part of the "Anglo-centric" history, having occupied Spain as Muslims for almost two hundred years!!  My name passed, in large part, because no-one in the SCA - up to and including the corporate top - knew anything about the Berbers!  I later came across more information that will eventually prompt a slight adjustment to my name - they kept trying to apply Arabian language and cultural rules to the Berber culture.  Ziddina Ait (should be "ut" or "wt") Zumar