Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: soap laurel

  • Lava Quod est Sordidium
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 10, 2009
      > Lady Aelfwyn Elswith,
      > Thank you, yes, I joined that group, even saw your post but
      > sadly, even with such a specific name as
      > sca_soapandcandle_making, there is no information on that
      > group about soap. It is just an ad blog cluttered with "buy
      > my grocery coupons book" type ads.
      > Thank you for trying, I have to assume that no one in the
      > known world uses homemade lye to make soap anymore.
      > YIS
      > Jon

      Way back when I chose that name (many many moons ago) no one was using it. Now, I've run into three other Aelfwyns just in my area. The one that posted the sca soap and candle list suggestion is not me.
      And no, no one in the SCA - and in the mundane world only as a historic example - useses home made lye to make soap. I'm sure that you've experienced many of the reasons why.
      I look forward to hearing about your successes when you finally screw up the gumption to make some.

      Keep us informed!
      Lady Aelfwyn Elswith of the Confraternity of St. Eve