Re: [SCA Newcomers] choosing an SCA name

  • Coblaith Muimnech
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 7, 2009
      Jessica

      Patrick Callahan wrote:
      > Just make up a name they will print anything on your card that you
      > care to put as an SCA name on the membership form...

      To clarify, having it on your membership card in no way makes a name
      official. You can, indeed, have anything printed there, including
      "Elizabeth, Queen of England" or "Dazzle Lips Sparklepony", because
      it means absolutely nothing. You can also just leave it blank,
      which is probably the best move if you haven't yet decided for sure
      what you want your S.C.A. name to be. That way, if you've got your
      mind made up in a month or six you can just write it in, and don't
      have to wait for the old "Dazzle Lips" card to expire before you can
      have one with the name you've chosen. So far as I know, the only
      reason there'sa "known in the Society as" line on the membership
      cards at all is because it makes it easier to communicate the correct
      spelling to gate staff when you check in at events, to marshals
      filling out warrant cards, etc.

      Coblaith Muimnech
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra