SCA song lyrics

  • Traci Felts
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2009
      last event I went to, I caught a piece of a song, I know I "know" that song,
      but I can't remember how it goes. It was a song about 3 sisters out on a
      walk and they were killed by the brother using his pen knife.

      Anyone have the lyrics?

      Thanks

      Teresa

    • Callahan Patrick
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
        Weila, Weila

        Available on The Bilge Pumps' "Broadside Buddies" CD

        There was an old woman, she lived in the wood
        Weila, weila, wailla
        There was an old woman she lived in the wood
        Down by the river Seilla

        She has a baby she did rock
        Weila, weila, wailla
        She has a baby she did rock
        Down by the river Seilla

        She had a pen-knife three foot long
        Weila, weila, wailla
        She had a pen-knife three foot long
        Down by the river Seilla

        She stuck that knife in the baby’s head
        Weila, weila, wailla
        The more she stabbed, the more it bled
        Down by the river Seilla

        Along came a bobby, knocked at her door
        Weila, weila, wailla
        Along came a bobby, knocked at her door
        Down by the river Seilla

        “Are you the woman what killed the child?”
        Weila, weila, wailla
        “Are you the woman what killed the child?”
        Down by the river Seilla

        “Yes, I’m the woman what killed the child”
        Weila, weila, wailla
        “Yes, I’m the woman what killed the child”
        Down by the river Seilla

        Well, the rope got chucked and she got hung
        Weila, weila, wailla
        Well, the rope got chucked and she got hung
        Down by the river Seilla

        The moral of this story is...
        Weila, weila, wailla
        Don’t stick knives in babies’ heads!
        Down by the river Seilla

        SCA Newcomers] SCA song lyrics
        Friday, 5 June, 2009 3:31 PM

        "Traci Felts" <One4worldpeace@...>Add sender to Contacts

        To:
        scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com

        last event I went to, I caught a piece of a song, I know I "know" that song,
        but I can't remember how it goes. It was a song about 3 sisters out on a
        walk and they were killed by the brother using his pen knife.

        Anyone have the lyrics?

        Thanks

        Teresa

        Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

      • jon.horde
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
          One more question on lyrics,
          Went to an event in Ireland once, lady sang a song about two reenactors who meet and decide to get together for a drink after an event, as they are sizing each other's garb up, the one says "I've noticed you've cut up a curtain too, but yours is Dacron".
          Any help on the lyrics?
          Jon
        • Traci Felts
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
            *Weila, Weila *
            *Available on The Bilge Pumps' "Broadside Buddies" CD*

            Nope, thanks, but that's not it

            Lady Teresa

          • Aimee Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
              How about this one:
              Three Sisters On The Bonnie, Bonnie Banks Of Th
              Rye-O<http://maxhunter.missouristate.edu/0815/index.html>

              Gracia de Granada

              On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Traci Felts <One4worldpeace@...>wrote:

              > *Weila, Weila *
              > *Available on The Bilge Pumps' "Broadside Buddies" CD*
              >
              > Nope, thanks, but that's not it
              >
              > Lady Teresa

            • Traci Felts
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
                :

                *How about this one:
                Three Sisters On The Bonnie, Bonnie Banks Of Th
                Rye-O<**http://maxhunter.missouristate.edu/0815/index.html*<http://maxhunter.missouristate.edu/0815/index.html>
                *>*

                That is it...Thank you!

                Lady Teresa

              • Kyla
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2009
                  There are Yahoo lists devoted to SCA music.
                  Try a search for SCA Songbook, or [Name of shire/barony/region/kingdom]
                  Songbook.
                  You could also try asking on the list for the shire that hosted the event,
                  in case the singer was a local.

                  You didn't say where you are, so I can't offer anything more specific.

                  Tabitha Pennywarden
                  Ravenslake, Midlands
                  Middle Kingdom