Re: [SCA Newcomers] New members!

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 2, 2009
      In a message dated 5/31/2009 9:09:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      missy.stillings@... writes:

      <<Well, it certainly helped me! Thank you! There are a couple of events
      that my husband and I are hoping to get to and I was worried about garb and all
      the other persona stuff. Thanks, again!>>

      You do need to have some sort of basic garb to attend an event.

      However, it doesn't have to be specific to what you think you might want
      your persona to be eventually. Most local groups either have a store of
      loaner garb that you can borrow from, or members who are willing to loan some of
      their own garb to newcomers. You can find out if this is available by
      contacting either the Chatelaine/Hospitaller (alternate names for the person who
      is in charge of helping newcomers get started) for the group in question if
      you know who that is, or contacting the autocrat (the person running the
      event) if you don't.

      Lancaster, PA
      cntnew00000007)

    • christopher chastain
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 2, 2009
        Also for starter garb if you want to have your own for pants and this is both sexes actually, the basic pajama pants that tie up standard black or blue green whatever. A basic T tunic which you can get directions on how to make from just about anywhere, good boots as most sites are in the woods and can be covered with the normal selection of mud/bugs/itchy plants. Tada your in garb!

        Yours in Humble Service,
        Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov
        "Man is not Lost!"

        To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
        From: bronwynmgn@...
        Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:09:58 -0400
        Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] New members!

        missy.stillings@... writes:

        <<Well, it certainly helped me! Thank you! There are a couple of events
        that my husband and I are hoping to get to and I was worried about garb and all
        the other persona stuff. Thanks, again!>>

        You do need to have some sort of basic garb to attend an event.

        However, it doesn't have to be specific to what you think you might want
        your persona to be eventually. Most local groups either have a store of
        loaner garb that you can borrow from, or members who are willing to loan some of
        their own garb to newcomers. You can find out if this is available by
        contacting either the Chatelaine/Hospitaller (alternate names for the person who
        is in charge of helping newcomers get started) for the group in question if
        you know who that is, or contacting the autocrat (the person running the
        event) if you don't.

        Lancaster, PA
        **************We found the real �Hotel California� and the �Seinfeld�
        cntnew00000007)

      • missy cutler
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 2, 2009
          I can certainly handle making up some of these things, I've made them before so nothing new. And, we both already have good boots. Thanks!

          Missy