RE: [SCA Newcomers] Renaissance wardrobe creations

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 6:46 PM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of melissacphs
      Sent: Sunday, 31 May 2009 10:48 PM
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Renaissance wardrobe creations

      Hi,

      I am looking for some good reliable accurate research sites to begin my
      development of a renaissance wardrobe.

      I want accurate information as i live with two dark ages re-enactors and
      have seen their diffculties in having to re-make all their garb once their
      newbie status wore off and they were required to have period proper
      clothing.

      I live in Australia and am a university student so i need to helpfully keep
      the cost down. Basically i want good info to start gradually and correctly
      to build up a good selection of clothing.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Melissa

      ------------------------------------
      Hi Melissa,
      Which university? I'm at ANU. I believe that your best resource for weeding
      through the information out there is to ask people in your local group who
      have done this before. I'm not sure which part of the renaissance you are
      interested in but if it's later 16th century the Elizabethan Costuming page
      is a good place to start http://www.elizabethancostume.net/ it does include
      links that cover areas outside England. If you can narrow down a location
      and an approximate date we can probably give you more specific help.
      Elizabeth
      Elizabeth Walpole | Elizabeth Beaumont
      http://magpiecostumer.110mb.com/