Renaissance wardrobe creations

  • melissacphs
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2009
      Hi,

      I am looking for some good reliable accurate research sites to begin my development of a renaissance wardrobe.

      I want accurate information as i live with two dark ages re-enactors and have seen their diffculties in having to re-make all their garb once their newbie status wore off and they were required to have period proper clothing.

      I live in Australia and am a university student so i need to helpfully keep the cost down. Basically i want good info to start gradually and correctly to build up a good selection of clothing.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Melissa
    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2009
        I am looking for some good reliable accurate research sites to begin my
        development of a renaissance wardrobe.

        I want accurate information as i live with two dark ages re-enactors and
        have seen their diffculties in having to re-make all their garb once their
        newbie status wore off and they were required to have period proper
        clothing.

        I live in Australia and am a university student so i need to helpfully keep
        the cost down. Basically i want good info to start gradually and correctly
        to build up a good selection of clothing.

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Melissa

        ------------------------------------
        Hi Melissa,
        Which university? I'm at ANU. I believe that your best resource for weeding
        through the information out there is to ask people in your local group who
        have done this before. I'm not sure which part of the renaissance you are
        interested in but if it's later 16th century the Elizabethan Costuming page
        is a good place to start http://www.elizabethancostume.net/ it does include
        links that cover areas outside England. If you can narrow down a location
        and an approximate date we can probably give you more specific help.
        Elizabeth
        Elizabeth Walpole | Elizabeth Beaumont
        http://magpiecostumer.110mb.com/