Re: [SCA Newcomers] Salutations- Pavilion rental question for Pennsic

  • Dianne
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2009
      (http://www.midwesttent.com has pavilions for sale for well under $600.)

      Yes, Laurensa, but if that's the tentmaker you got your pavilion from, you
      really should let her know about the repeated problems with the size of the
      canvas not equalling the size of the frame...>>

      Well, I I have from enough other people who have purchased from him to believe what happened to me was an aberration.

      I had bartered with John for garb, in exchange for a 10.5 ft diameter round pavilion. He sent me a 10.5 roof, and 8.5 ft diameter walls. I didn't have the good sense to set my pavilion up before Pennsic, so we discovered the situation at a rather bad time, and I didn't have the funds to pay for shipping it back to him and getting new walls. By now, it's a little late, and I can afford a couple of yards of canvas far more easily than shipping multiple pounds of canvas, so I'm making my own door.

      I certainly would recommend you set the tent up immediately after it arrives, just to double check. Aside from a (admittedly rather major) screw up, it's a sturdy tent and has held up well in Pennsic weather.

      Should it ever stop raining for more than a day, I'd like to set mine up in the back yard and get it painted. Plain off white canvas is rather dull. It needs monkeys, I think.

      Laurensa