Re: [SCA Newcomers] Salutations- Pavilion rental question for Pennsic

  • Dianne
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2009
      Salutations. I am looking to rent a Pavilion for Pennisc this year and have not had any reply from Medieval Miscellania. Any thoughts or ideas what my next choice would be? Not ready to purchase unless under 600$. Symonne de Bellefort >>

      http://www.midwesttent.com has pavilions for sale for well under $600.

      Laurensa

      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2009
        In a message dated 5/27/2009 2:10:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        goofy4@... writes:

        _http://www.midwesttent.com has pavilions for sale for well under $600._
        (http://www.midwesttent.com has pavilions for sale for well under $600.)

        Yes, Laurensa, but if that's the tentmaker you got your pavilion from, you
        really should let her know about the repeated problems with the size of the
        canvas not equalling the size of the frame...

        Lancaster, PA
        (http://www.whereitsat.com/?ncid=emlwenew00000004)

      • PATRICIA BENTLEY
        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2009
          you can rent pavillions at pensic they have places for that. you can also rent yurk, If you don't want to spend a lot of money I have found that a lot of people use car port frames and white tarping until they can get the money for canvas.

          To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
          From: iamglinda2@...
          Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:39:48 +0000
          Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Salutations- Pavilion rental question for Pennsic

          Message 4 of 5 , May 28, 2009
            (http://www.midwesttent.com has pavilions for sale for well under $600.)

            Yes, Laurensa, but if that's the tentmaker you got your pavilion from, you
            really should let her know about the repeated problems with the size of the
            canvas not equalling the size of the frame...>>

            Well, I I have from enough other people who have purchased from him to believe what happened to me was an aberration.

            I had bartered with John for garb, in exchange for a 10.5 ft diameter round pavilion. He sent me a 10.5 roof, and 8.5 ft diameter walls. I didn't have the good sense to set my pavilion up before Pennsic, so we discovered the situation at a rather bad time, and I didn't have the funds to pay for shipping it back to him and getting new walls. By now, it's a little late, and I can afford a couple of yards of canvas far more easily than shipping multiple pounds of canvas, so I'm making my own door.

            I certainly would recommend you set the tent up immediately after it arrives, just to double check. Aside from a (admittedly rather major) screw up, it's a sturdy tent and has held up well in Pennsic weather.

            Should it ever stop raining for more than a day, I'd like to set mine up in the back yard and get it painted. Plain off white canvas is rather dull. It needs monkeys, I think.

            Laurensa