Re: [SCA Newcomers] 12th-14th Century Garb

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2009
      Thank you.  I'll check it out.

      --- On Mon, 5/25/09, bronwynmgn@... <bronwynmgn@...> wrote:

      From: bronwynmgn@... <bronwynmgn@...>
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] 12th-14th Century Garb
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, May 25, 2009, 8:50 AM

      In a message dated 5/24/2009 10:40:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

      jessg74@sbcglobal. net writes:

      <<Can anyone provide some examples of woman's garb in the French style? How

      about English? I'm trying to research for a persona, and I'd like to know

      what type of garb would be used for both. Thanks.>>

      For 12th century, you can try joining the yahoogroup

      _12thcenturygarb@ yahoogroups. com_ (mailto:12thcenturygarb@ yahoogroups. com) and checking out our

      files. We have put together a lot of information about styles from different

      areas as well as different thoughts on the construction methods, and there

      are also a number of photos from members of the group, either wearing their

      garb or step-by-step of making it. One note, we do spend a lot of time

      talking about the bliaut, which is the quintessential 12th century fancy gown

      and about which there is a trememdous amount of debate regarding construction,

      but that isn't the only style women wore in the 12th century - it's

      something analogous to a formal evening gown today, the kind of thing you would

      wear to a dinner at the White House or something.

      Lancaster, PA

      ************ **We found the real ‘Hotel California’ and the ‘Seinfeld’

      (http://www.whereits at.com/?ncid= emlwenew00000004)