Re: [SCA Newcomers] Persona and names..again

  • Sara L Uckelman
    Message 1 of 15 , May 18 7:54 AM
      Quoth Bridget M:
      > herein lays the problem, most references are to mens names. As to women I o=
      > nly see a handful, is that correct?

      Unfortunately, yup. As I noted in another email, there aren't
      that many period documents from Scotland which were written in
      Gaelic, and the number of women mentioned in them is extremely
      small. That's why you might also want to look at Gaelic names
      from Ireland -- there's still more masculine names than feminine
      names there, but at least there's more than just a handful of
      feminine names!

      -Aryanhwy

      --
      vita sine literis mors est