Parisian Names Assistance

  • Jeff Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2009
      My six (soon to be seven) year old daughter named Lilley is really
      getting into the SCA and wants her own persona, she would like a
      French Late period persona, she wants to be from Paris :D. I have done
      some Celtic name research, but no French, the few I did know she
      didn't like. She want's something close to her real name Lilley
      Gwyneth. Really not overly sure where to begin with this one. Anyone
      have any pointers?

      Cú Allaidh
      Heavy Fighter, Sometimes Fencer, New to Archery
      From The Shire of Trinovantia Nova, in the great land of Ealdormere
      aka Jeff Johnston

    • Sara L Uckelman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2009
        Quoth Jeff Johnston:
        > French Late period persona, she wants to be from Paris :D. I have done=20=20
        > some Celtic name research, but no French, the few I did know she=20=20
        > didn't like. She want's something close to her real name Lilley=20=20
        > Gwyneth. Really not overly sure where to begin with this one. Anyone=20=20
        > have any pointers?

        There are a number of articles on French names in the Medieval
        Names Archive, http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/french.shtml,
        including a couple specifically from Paris or cities near
        Paris.

        -Aryanhwy

        --
        vita sine literis mors est
        http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/
        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 2009
          Many thanks,

          I knew someone on here would have a good resource :D. That should give
          me a good start. Hopefully we find one that suits her.

          Cú Allaidh
          Heavy Fighter, Sometimes Fencer, New to Archery
          From The Shire of Trinovantia Nova, in the great land of Ealdormere
          aka Jeff Johnston