used or "unused" heavy armor

  • scawod
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 12:45 PM
      i want to get into heavy, but i am short on the cash. i am in the outlands. i am looking for loaner gear or gear that people are not using any more.

      the first thing i need is a helmt. next is more weapons. then better armor.

      at the moment i have collected a bunch of hocky gear. i am making a taberd to cover it.

      does anyone have suggestions on how to build up my armory with a restricted budge?
    • enlethe
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 5:12 AM
        The heavy list folks in my barony recommended getting used car wash detergent barrels or pickle barrels; both are usually free if you ask for them. They're heavy plastic that can be cut with a jigsaw and are bendable to your form after a mild application of heat. You can then drill holes to attach them to whatever with cording or leather.

        Kris
        Dragonship Haven

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "scawod" <fun.game1@...> wrote:

        > i want to get into heavy, but i am short on the cash. i am in the outlands. i am looking for loaner gear or gear that people are not using any more.
        >
        > the first thing i need is a helmt. next is more weapons. then better armor.
        >
        > at the moment i have collected a bunch of hocky gear. i am making a taberd to cover it.
        >
        > does anyone have suggestions on how to build up my armory with a restricted budge?

      • christopher chastain
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9 9:47 AM
          There is a armory that makes ready to go plastic armor from the black acid barrels. Good starting armor just need to get a helmet, http://www.darkvictory.com . Complete set minus helmet for $230 bucks, can also get just what parts you need as well. The armorer is a good guy and ships fast. It's not pretty but will definately get you on the field.

          Yours in Humble Service,
          Pomestnik Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov

          "It's not our high moments in life that define us, it's our low's and how we act during those moment's."

          To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
          From: enlethe@...
          Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:12:05 +0000
          Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: used or "unused" heavy armor

          The heavy list folks in my barony recommended getting used car wash detergent barrels or pickle barrels; both are usually free if you ask for them. They're heavy plastic that can be cut with a jigsaw and are bendable to your form after a mild application of heat. You can then drill holes to attach them to whatever with cording or leather.

          Kris
          Dragonship Haven

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "scawod" <fun.game1@...> wrote:

          > i want to get into heavy, but i am short on the cash. i am in the outlands. i am looking for loaner gear or gear that people are not using any more.
          >
          > the first thing i need is a helmt. next is more weapons. then better armor.
          >
          > at the moment i have collected a bunch of hocky gear. i am making a taberd to cover it.
          >
          > does anyone have suggestions on how to build up my armory with a restricted budge?

        • lisa brant
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9 2:36 PM
            were are you located-city,state?

            Lesia