Used canvas tent - fair price?

  • Gigi
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
      Hey, I just found out that a family has a used panther primitives bell wedge tent for sale...they're asking $750. I'm posting here to ask for input on whether that is a fair price. Here are the specs:

      6 years old.
      Used 3 times for 1 week each at pennsic.
      12 x 16 double bell wedge
      13 oz sunforger canvas flame retardant
      super groundcloth
      canvas fly
      2 8-foot poles
      1 2-foot ridge pole
      stakes
      6 poles for the fly

      She says they cleaned and stored it carefully after each use. Any thoughts?
    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
        You'd have to price it out with Panthers current catalog. Panthers are awesome tents.

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Gigi" <triscandcoey@...> wrote:

        > Hey, I just found out that a family has a used panther primitives bell wedge tent for sale...they're asking $750. I'm posting here to ask for input on whether that is a fair price. Here are the specs:
        >
        > 6 years old.
        > Used 3 times for 1 week each at pennsic.
        > 12 x 16 double bell wedge
        > 13 oz sunforger canvas flame retardant
        > super groundcloth
        > canvas fly
        > 2 8-foot poles
        > 1 2-foot ridge pole
        > stakes
        > 6 poles for the fly
        >
        > She says they cleaned and stored it carefully after each use. Any thoughts?

      • jennifer Meyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
          The tent price sounds fair to me. Where are you located?

          "Normal is a setting on a dryer"

        • Labhaoise O'Beachain
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2009
            OK, no one else said it, so....

            Trust but Verify!

            That means give it a good hard look, check the poles, sniff the canvas.....

            Labhaoise