FW: [Mid] Fw: Master Llew's challenge

  • Eofor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
      Eofor

      Kingdom of the Middle
      Southern Oaken Region
      Barony of Flaming Gryphon
      March of the Winged Hills

      o============================>

      www.myspace.com/lucky_thir13en

      o============================>

      Natural wax/soy blend Candles
      www.scarabaesdream.scent-team.com

      No man is so good as to be free from all evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.

      From: lucky_thir13en@...
      To: sca-middle@...
      Subject: RE: [Mid] Fw: Master Llew's challenge
      Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:16:31 -0400

      #yiv408504524 .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
      {padding:0px;}
      #yiv408504524 .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
      {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

           I agree.  The SCA is an amazing combination of so many things from history.  The only real limit to what someone can do within the SCA is their imagination.  The focus should be here, and on an open arms approach to people.  Each event does not have to be a major event.  Each and every weekend does not have a major event.  Instead, lean toward ones that will attract new people, not just their wallets.  Have the emphasis be on what the SCA has to offer, and less of the "you can not afford this hobby" approach.  Members have invested an enormous amount of resources toward the SCA to make it what it is today, but what are you willing to do to make sure the SCA continues to thrive?  Recycle and reuse those resources, and make the SCA accessible to new folks, from events, to more flexible practice schedules, and more.  Each and every member of the SCA is an ambassador to non-members.  The whole first impressions rule.  Not to
      mention that everyone was new once.  New members are crucial.  Without them, you will end up with the same people, swinging the same sticks, and showing the same projects to each other.  My brother help us get started with the SCA.  I have always loved history, and martial arts, but what really sparked my interest in the SCA was something he said.  He had been to an event, and had seen a Knight fighting in a tournament, and interacting with people, old and new.  My brother said he knew right then, that was what he wanted to be when he grew up.  It may seem funny, but I knew exactly what he meant.

      Eofor

      Kingdom of the Middle
      Southern Oaken Region
      Barony of Flaming Gryphon
      March of the Winged Hills

      o============================>

      www.myspace.com/lucky_thir13en

      o============================>

      Natural wax/soy blend Candles
      www.scarabaesdream.scent-team.com

      No man is so good as be to free from all evil, nor so bad as to be worth nothing.

      > To: sca-middle@...
      > Subject: [Mid] Fw: Master Llew's challenge
      > From: llewhobbs@...
      > Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:59:25 +0000
      >
      > Here it is again.

      Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.

      Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.